Casual Work Opportunity for UofT Students – Course Migration Project
Are you a UofT student with excellent interpersonal skills and technically savvy, with an interest in teaching and learning?
We are looking to hire several students as casual staff over the next year to assist instructors and professional staff move their course content from the University’s current Portal to our new Academic Toolbox.
- Ability to triage issues, solve specific problems and identify and report larger trends.
- Ability to understand pedagogical approaches independent of their technical expression.
- Experience as an instructor and/or supporting instructors using Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, D2L or Sakai an asset.
- Able to follow migration procedures, respond to unique issues, stay organized and stay motivated.
- Familiarity with basics of web development, local and URL-based file structures and web accessibility (WCAG 2 / AODA).
- Assisting with the migration of content from University of Toronto’s existing Portal to its new Academic Toolbox.
- Work with central staff, divisional leads, and key course contacts. Other LME migration duties as assigned.
- Celebrate successes and be supportive through challenges.
What you’ll gain:
- Excellent opportunity to gain work experience and expand your skills
- Supportive work environment
- We will provide the necessary training
Hours per Week:
Flexible within the work day. We will try to accommodate your class and study schedule
Send a letter of interest and a summary of your relevant experiences to Matt Clare